Unfortunately our amazing caretaker Mr Stead is moving back to his farm in Tokoroa. He has been a great asset to our school and we are sad to see him go. Greg will be working up to the end of this term. This has provided an opportunity to employ a new person to this role. If you are interested please keep reading!
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person to be our school caretaker. The appointed person will play a key role in maintaining our school site, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
Duties will include:
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building.
- Carry out and record basic checks and help maintain Health and Safety records.
- Supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors.
- Monitor site stock and order supplies when necessary.
- Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating competently.
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety.
- Maintain the school pool.
- Undertake cleaning duties whilst managing the team of school cleaners.
Previous experience would be beneficial but training will be provided. The hours of working are Monday to Friday 7.00am – 10.00 am and 2.30pm – 5.00pm.These are guides and other hours could be negotiated. Job description, Person specification and Application form are available from the school website or by contacting the school office.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Police Vetting.
Applications close- 3pm on the 4th July